Foods to Avoid during Pregnancy
Hi to all,
Risky Foods During Pregnancy
* Cut down fatty foods.
* Avoid drinks like coffee, tea, coca colas and other drinks with caffeine. Too much caffeine may affect the growth of baby during pregnancy and at birth.
Caffeine & Pregnancy
Pregnant women who consume caffeine (from tea, cola, chocolate and some prescription drugs) even about a cup of coffee daily are at higher risk of giving birth to an underweight baby, according to the research findings published in the British Medical Journal in November 2008.
The researchers further found that pregnant women who drink two or more cups of coffee a day are at twice the risk of having a miscarriage as those women who do not take caffeine.
Advice: Reduce caffeine intake before conception and throughout pregnancy. The best advice was to limit caffeine consumption to below 100 milligrams a day, there is no lower limit for which there is no effect,
* Avoid Vitamin A supplements as too much may harm your baby growing inside.
* Avoid white breads and foods prepared with white flour (maida).
* Avoid too much sugar and foods containing sugars.
* Nutmeg spice in large quantity to pregnant women may result in miscarriage.
* Although there is no scientific evidence, some people believe that because pineapple and raw papaya contain enzymes, so they can induce abortion.
* Avoid high-mercury sea-foods such as fish, especially Swordfish, Shark, King Mackerel and Tilefish. Raw fish and seafood may contain Listeria, a bacteria that can cause food poisoning and miscarriage or premature birth.
* Avoid raw or smoked or frozen seafood such as oysters, sushi, sashimi, smoked oysters and smoked salmon. But canned seafood is safe to eat.
* Soft cheeses like ricotta without heating or uncooked.
* Avoid raw meat such as seafood, sushi, uncooked beef, raw eggs or poultry as these may be contaminated by toxoplasmosis, coliform bacteria and salmonella.
* Pre-cooked meat dishes without further heating.
* Salads, readymade or pre-packed.
* Ready-cooked cold meat including chicken.
* You should not smoke.
* Always consult your doctor about the safety of any drugs you take when pregnant.
Thank you jrodrick4. These details are very important and helpful to us, to me. Specially now that my pregnancy is a bit delicate. Thanks a lot. Cheers!
Originally Posted by jrodrick4
My online health for your reference.
Last edited by Lawliet; 10-22-2009 at 04:23 AM.
I agree. Thanks heaps! It will be very useful.
Here are some foods that should be avoided during pregnancy:
-Raw meat and sushi. It can infect you with salmonella.
-Soft cheese like feta, blue cheese, brie, etc. These cheeses contain more bacteria because of the way it is made.
-Fish that contain mercury, eg: sword fish, tilefish and king mackerel shark. Mercury is very harmful for your child and it can cause brain damages.
-Fish such as pike, salmon, trout and bluefish should be avoided because they have polychlorinated biphenyls that are highly associated with memory difficulties.
Last edited by paril; 07-14-2011 at 08:25 AM.
There are lots of things to be considered during pregnancy. Thank you for sharing this information. A pregnant woman needs to eat something from all these food groups every day in order to get the proper amounts of energy.
That information would help many I would also like to add Homemade ice cream may contain uncooked eggs, which may contain Salmonella.So should be avoided.
such as swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tuna also avoided whenever possible. The types of marine fish typically contain high methyl mercury, a metal that enters the brain and nervous system of children clearly interfere with fetal growth.
Originally Posted by Milton
digestive system problems
Re: Foods to Avoid during Pregnancy
Originally Posted by saldieloi
Hello Guys i think that you should avoid all types of carbonated beverages. For the meals, you should avoid beans,cheeses, greasy meals, nuts, etc..Basically everything that can create your wellness in problems and the same kind of meals that can create you burp a lot.
weight loss Anaheim Hills
Last edited by pasty8; 11-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.